National Coconut Torte Day - March 13th
March 13th is National Coconut Torte Day?
here's a recipe to help you celebrate... ENJOY!!
Macadamia Coconut Torte
4 large eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
½ cup fine saltine cracker crumbs
¼ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
2 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® Milk Chocolate with Coconut and Macadamia nuts, finely chopped
1½ teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup heavy cream
6 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® Milk Chocolate, finely chopped
2 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® Milk Chocolate with Coconut and Macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Natural shredded coconut (available at health food or specialty stores)
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325ºF. Butter bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper round, cut to fit.
2. Place yolks in bowl of heavy duty electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat until yolks are thick and pale. Slowly add 1 cup confectioners' sugar and continue to beat until blended. Stir in crumbs, nuts, chopped chocolate bars and baking powder and mix well.
3. Place egg whites in clean bowl fitted with cleaned whisk attachment and beat until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, continuing to beat until stiff but not dry. Using whisk attachment, gently stir a third of the egg whites into batter until combined, then gently fold in remaining egg whites. Spread lightly into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Run a knife around the edge, remove rim and let cool.
4. Place heavy cream in a 2- or 4-cup liquid measure. Place milk chocolate bars in a bowl. Microwave cream on HIGH for 2 minutes or until it comes to a boil (watch it carefully so it doesn't boil over). Pour cream over milk chocolate bars. Let rest 30 seconds, then stir until chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Let cool for 20 minutes then whisk until completely cool and chocolate starts to thicken to spread able consistency. Stir in coconut macadamia bars.
5. Place cake on plate. Using an offset spatula, spread frosting on sides and top of cake until well covered. Garnish sides of cake with shredded coconut. Store cake in refrigerator until 30 minutes before serving.
... for photo and printer-friendly recipe go to: http://www.homebakedmemories.com/pf_pages/pfMacadamiaCoconutTorteDay.htm
Find more great tips, ideas, and homemade, homebaked memories at http://www.homebakedmemories.com
Feel free to join us and share your own ideas...